Social media is one of the most powerful tools on the entire web to get more exposure and credibility. Some small businesses have used it to go from having no audience to having hundreds of thousands of followers. However, there are many small businesses that are struggling to grow their social media audiences. Some small business owners are putting in hours of work but getting little results from their social media efforts. These three tips for small businesses trying to grow on social media are aimed to stop stagnancy and spread your message to a larger audience.
- Interact with your followers. There are so many people who are focused on growing that they forget to interact with the followers they already have. Some of the people I have interacted with on my social networks have become returning customers who frequently buy my books and leave reviews. In addition, as you connect with more people, you will get more opportunities. I have been able to write for numerous guest blogs because some of the connections I made on social media wanted my content on their sites. Here are some tips you can use to start more conversations.
- Identify your targeted audience. There are three types of followers. There is the fake follower (which you don’t want at all), the real follower (which is okay), and the targeted follower (the one you want). Your targeted audience is the audience that will help you be successful. In order to identify your targeted audience, ask yourself two questions. What do I do? Who would benefit from it?
- Go after the people in your targeted audience. You want to follow and interact with as many people in your targeted audience as possible. Targeted followers are more likely to share your content and buy your products and services than any other type of follower. Interacting with these followers and gradually building your audience (a targeted audience in particular) will allow you to grow on social media.
Those are the three ways small businesses can grow with social media. It all comes down to identifying your targeted audience, growing that audience, and interacting with the people in your audience. Then, you will be able to grow on social media.
- 4 Website Marketing Techniques for New Businesses That Convert
- 6 Startup Tips to Make your Business Successful
- Top 60 Local Marketing Tips from 20 Experts
Posted in Social Media