EDIT WEBSITES EASILY WITH WEB EDIT PRO
What is a CMS?
A Content Management System (CMS) is an application that uses a database to create, edit and store website content in a manageable way. Content can then be created and edited through an interface panel (referred to as the 'back-end') which can then be published and displayed on a websites 'front-end' for people to view. A CMS allows for editing and content control of a website by a 'non-technical' person.
Why do you need one?
Without a CMS, the only way to edit your website is with a knowledge of programming code, html, php, etc. In the past, many small businesses were content to get a 'brochure style' website up and then leave it. The fact that they needed to call on the website developer to make the odd change here and there wasn't much of an issue. Today however, it is a different story. Successful websites require regular updating, news, blogs, new pages and new products to keep the website fresh and entice viewers to return. Basically, people want to edit their own websites - and if you are selling products online then you definitely need a CMS!
Not all Content Management Systems are created equal
There are literally hundreds of CMS systems out there. Most website companies will, at best, offer you a choice of one or two of their preferred open-source systems. Open-source means that they are globally used systems and are 'open' in that developers can add and modify the systems as they please. Many of these are good systems, many of them are not so good, and as a client - it is imperative that you understand what is involved with a CMS before you sign up for a website. Ask to see the particular system in action, ask for a demo login so you can have a look around. If you do not understand how it works and it looks complicated then you are less likely to use it and the success of your website will suffer as a result.
We have worked with many content management systems; Magento, Drupal, Joomla, CMS-Made-Simple, SilverStripe and WordPress to name a few. What we have found is that they are mostly aimed at a developer or web designers point of view, not you - the customer.
The are all too complicated for the average user
It seemed like no matter which CMS we worked with, the average small-medium business struggled to make proper use of it. Often the on-going management of the site fell back into our hands which defeats the purpose of a CMS in the first place.
We decided early on that we needed to do things differently and invest in developing OUR OWN CMS which would be developed from a CUSTOMERS PERSPECTIVE not a developers perspective.
- Easy and simple to use
- Secure and modern framework
- Efficiently customisable
- Doesn't rely on 3rd party plugins
Our custom CMS - designed for you
Our CMS is called Web-Edit-Pro (WEP). Because we have developed this system in-house, there are some major advantages for our customers.
1. COST. We built the system from the ground up and know everything about it. Unlike our competitors who use open-source CMS's, they didn't build the systems they use and this definitely affects you as a result. It will affect you in how long it takes for them to develop functionality for you (as they have to research it first) and it affects you in how long it will take them to achieve this functionality. Often our customers are surprised when they receive a quote for a complex website from us. 'How can you guys be that much cheaper?' 'Are you sure you have quoted on all these functions?' are common questions and the answer is we are that much cheaper because we have our own CMS which we developed and are extremely efficient with. The cost savings are then passed on to you.
2. Security. Have you ever heard how Mac's don't get viruses? The reason for this is not so much in the security features of Apple computers, but rather that the hackers who work on creating viruses do not bother targeting Macs as the Mac market is so much smaller than the PC market. This is called 'Security Through Obscurity.' Hackers target CMS's as well. Last year there was a massive global hack on a popular e-commerce CMS called OS-Commerce and the results were devastating. Many websites which had been built using OS-Commerce found themselves in a disastrous mess with breaches to credit card numbers and bank accounts.
Our WEP CMS has very tight in-built security - but more to the point, hackers are not targeting WEP because it's not an open-source CMS so there is little point.
3. It's easy to use - really easy. Because many of our customers are small and medium sized businesses, this is who it has been built for. Even our most computer illiterate customers can use it with as little as a 20 minute training session, often over the phone! THAT is how easy it is to use. We've trained clients to use all the most common CMS's and the difference in how quickly the client understands is staggering. Put simply, we give our customers a simple tutorial on WEP and they are instantly comfortable with it. With other CMS's we spend a few hours training them and then field on-going support phone calls for months (sometimes years) helping them use it.
WEB EDIT PRO is built as a dynamic, robust and advanced Content Management System but is also CUSTOMER FOCUSED and EASY TO USE.
WEB EDIT PRO is an excellent CMS for ecommerce providing easy management for your online shop. We can make it behave exactly as you want it.