Let's get started!

preferred reply

Logo Footer

Office: 205 Durham Street (top floor)
Christchurch CBD 8011
PO Box 3871, Christchurch, NZ

Enquiries: 0800 30 8996
(03) 964 5305 - Reception

Web Support:
(03) 964 1106 - Support


Facebook X Instagram Vimeo
Activate Design Limited

10 Reasons to invest In a mobile app

man checks his phone at work

Mobile apps are taking over; and not just TikTok, but also in business, shopping, and commerce. 

Investing in mobile app development for your NZ business is essential for its growth. Here are ten reasons why.

1. Most users' time is spent on mobile apps

Users spend 90% of their daily screen time on apps and just the remaining 10% searching the internet. If you're struggling to get users to visit your website, building an app might be your next move.

2. Reach a global audience

Nearly everyone has internet access, and most internet traffic comes from mobile devices.

Mobile application development enables you to reach a global audience and connect with customers all over the world, promoting market expansion and increasing opportunities for business growth.

3. Increase users' accessibility 

Having a website for your business is great, giving customers a place to learn about your business, make purchases, and more.

However, investing in mobile app development will let you virtually put your business in their pocket. Mobile apps allow customers to access all they need about your business in one tap, anywhere and anytime.

4. Millions of people download apps every single day

In 2021, there were over 600 million daily app downloads. Make yours one of them.

4. Increase customer retention

New customers are difficult to acquire, existing customers not so much. Build an app for customers and offer exclusive content in the app to keep customers coming back time and time again. 

5. Build trust 

Having a mobile app makes businesses’ products or services more trustworthy for customers. 

96% of the top 50 online retailers in the UK and 94% of top 50 retailers in the US had at least one mobile app.

It also makes businesses more professional, as most companies nowadays have mobile applications.

6. Build a community

Building a community is one of the greatest ways to strengthen your brand image, improve customer retention, and increase average lifetime value.

Add features like posts, forums, and in-app messaging that allowing customers to interact with each other, discuss & review products, and help build an active community centered around your product or service.

These community members will then become ambassadors for your business in their own social circles, increasing your presence even further.

7. Increase customer engagement

Mobile apps give consumers a seamless, all-in-one experience with your business, putting your business right in the palm of their hand.

Rather than them continuing to visit your same website, create new, engaging content in the app to make them active daily users. 

8. Offer a better customer experience

A good mobile app should provide customers with everything they need to know about your products, and an easy way to learn more if necessary (customer service, FAQs, etc.).

Consumers will be able to make mobile transactions, get notified about offers and announcements, view product reviews, and so much more, all without entering a single store.

9. Increase sales & mobile conversions

Thanks to services like Amazon, eCommerce is growing faster than ever.

According to an Internet Retailer case study, adopting a mobile-focused marketing approach for 500 companies resulted in an 80% increase in sales, with 42% of mobile sales coming from applications. 

If you’re looking to grow your business, developing a mobile app is essential.

why do people use e-commerce apps

image source

10. See what users like

Market research is essential to good business.

Mobile apps can quickly and effectively collect consumer data and consumer preferences. Learning what content users most interact with will help determine the future types of content to develop, using data to drive content strategy for your app and other channels.


Activate Design has a firm understanding of the application design and development process and can help you maximise the opportunities this new exciting media has to offer your business.

If you're looking to build an app for your business, get in touch with us today.

Posted in Mobile Apps

Recent articles